Re: Primer 'latest version' link broken?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 14 Dec 2002 03:14:31 -0600
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 01:41, pat hayes wrote:
> >On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 15:34, Brian McBride wrote:
> >>
> >>  Actually, I think you should use the dated version.
> >
> >That's the advice given in the manual of style...
> >
> >"If there is an institutionalized identifier (URI) for a document, cite
> >the most specific identifier. For example, link to
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224 rather than to
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/. "
> >
> >  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#References
> >

> Oh well, yet another set of changes I need to do. Sigh.

Umm... I didn't mean to give the impression that you MUST
do this before last call. Don't put the last call schedule
at risk over this.

It should get done before REC, but (a) it doesn't have to
be before last call, and (b) it doesn't even have to be
you that does it. Lots of folks are qualified to tidy
up references sections.