Re: Can't access test case manifest, test case comments

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Graham Klyne wrote:

> I was trying to check a test case to confirm something in
> Concepts/Semantics docs, and found that:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf
>
> returned an HTTP 403/Forbidden error page.
>
> Also:
>
> re: http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/test003.rdf
> The comment is misleading - there is no xml:lang - though the test is OK, I
> think.
>
> Do we have any entailment tests dealing with language-tagged plain literals?
>
> E.g.
>
> 1.
>
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat" .
> ?entails?
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@fr .
>
> 2.
>
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@en .
> ?entails?
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat" .
>
> 3.
>
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@en .
> ?entails?
>      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@fr .
>
> I think the answer is no in each case, and that would be in agreement with
> my readiong of the docs.
> Should these be negative entailment test cases?

For historical reasons (they were done at the same time as the related
DT entailments involving language), see:

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/Manifest.rdf#language-important-for-non-dt-entailment-1

Cheers,
jan

You know something's gone badly wrong when your algorithm
takes O(n^2) time but uses O(2^n) space.