Re: Test cases, quick update.

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 11:20, Jan Grant wrote:
[...]
> Firstly: despite wandering off somewhat and highlighting that we need to
> feed back to XML schema,
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/Manifest.rdf#semantic-equivalence-between-datatypes
> was not approved at the 2002-11-22 telecon. However, everyone seems
> convinced of its truth (including DanC, who we take to be our voice of
> the XMLSchema WG).
>
> That is, that
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/test005a.nt
> [[
> <http://example.org/foo> <http://example.org/bar> "10"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer> .
> ]]
> entails
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/test005b.nt
> [[
> <http://example.org/foo> <http://example.org/bar> "10.0"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#decimal> .
> ]]

That's a very particular entailment relationship, not
simple entailment; in particular, it's the one
parameterized by the integer and decimal types.

The manifest says:

|   <test:entailmentRules
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" />

ok...

|   <test:entailmentRules
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#" />

I think we agree that's superfluous and distracting and
should be struck.... yes...

"ACTION jang: delete schema rule from datatypes/Manifest.rdf"
  -- http://www.w3.org/2002/11/22-rdfcore-irc

|   <test:entailmentRules
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes#" />

yes, ok...

|   <test:datatypeSupport
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer" />

umm... ok, but why isn't XMLSchema#decimal in there?

> If everyone's happy with this as being noncontroversial, can I approve
> this?

if you strike the rdf-schema and add #decimal, yes.