'primary' in primer

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 23:25:32 -0600
To: fmanola@mitre.org
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I forgot to mention. You used the term 'primary value' to refer to
the value of rdf:value (if you see what I mean), and I avoided it
deliberately because in this context particularly it might suggest to
someone with a DB background that rdf:value was being used to
indicate a primary field in a DBS, and nothing could be wronger.  I
havnt checked whether or not you follow this usage elsewhere in the
primer.

Also, I had to sneak in a new example property exterms:quantity in
the code examples, so you might want to change the name or put it
into a list somewhere.

BTW, I don't like the wording "Uses like this have an inherent
wastefulness, in the sense that the special value has to be stated
twice " now I re-read it, this would be better:

"This use of <tt>rdf:value</tt> requires that the 'main' value be
mentioned twice," But Im too tired and hungry to edit it again :-)

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola               			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501            				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam