Re: call for agenda items

>* Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com> [2002-12-05 14:34+0200]
>>

>>  [Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690,
>>patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

Then they should not be in the language. They can be in user
ontologies, of course, but then its up to said user to describe them
to their own satisfaction. Seems to me that we have a responsibility
to give clear specifications for the meanings of the vocabulary we
provide, or else to say clearly that they have no meaning. I'm quite
happy to say that rdf:value has no meaning; but then I don't want the
primer to explain this nonexistent meaning in intuitive terms.

>(unless you build a
>supporting framework on the scale of Cyc). For eg., rdfs:seeAlso and
>most of Dublin Core would probably also be thrown out on such principles.

I would like to throw out rdf:seeAlso, but at least we are honest
about it being meaningless. As for Dublin Core, if it were up to us
to say what it meant, yes, I would throw it out in an instant.
Fortunately however it is not up to us to do that.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam