Re: call for agenda items

>>>Graham Klyne said:
>
> At 09:40 AM 12/5/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>
> >Sorry this is late.  I've been buried in other stuff and my network at
> >home went down last night.  I'm catching up this morning.
> >
> >Suggestions for agenda items for this weeks telecon welcome.  Please let
> >me know what, if any, key issues you feel we need to discuss.
>
> Should rdf:value be deprecated?

No.

We owe the community not to arbitrarily chuck out stuff that has
previously been recommended and being used.  In particular, Dublin
Core is using this right now for the purpose it was suggested in RDF
M&S - multi-value properties.  This turns up in DC to implement the
"dumb down" rule as they call it, which you can consider as similar
the units/value example in recent messages.

This loses for me on the following grounds:

   * no new information - we previously agreed to keep rdf:value and
     to explain it in the primer.

   * no big changes in the last versions of documents

     - this was in particular where some of the sticky parts of
       rdf/xml came from first time round, as I understand it.

Dave