W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > August 2002

Minutes of telecon, 2002-08-16

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:23:37 -0400
Message-Id: <200208211523.LAA14408@cam-mbx1.bbn.com>
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Agenda of meeting:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0144.html

IRC logs:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/08/16-rdfcore-irc.txt
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2002-08-16.html

1: Volunteer scribe

  Mike Dean

2: Roll Call

Participants:
  Dan Brickley
  Dan Connolly
  Mike Dean (scribe)
  Pat Hayes
  Brian McBride (chair)
  Frank Manola
  Eric Miller
  Steve Petschulat
  Patrick Stickler

Regrets:
  Dave Beckett
  Jeremy Carroll
  Jos De Roo
  Jan Grant
  Sergey Melnik
  Aaron Swartz

3: Review Agenda

  Group sang happy birthday to Frank Manola.

4: Next telecon 23rd Aug 2002

  Agreed.  Eric Miller will scribe (while babysitting).

5: Status of minutes of 2002-07-19 telecon

  IRC log submitted and accepted as minutes.

6: Status of minutes of 2002-08-09 telecon

  Approval postponed due to late submission.

7: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

  all actions (see agenda) closed off

8: daml:collection test case - volunteer to complete
2002-02-26#2  DanC  Create test case for daml:collection behaves like Literal

See:  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jul/0121.html

  ACTION: Brian McBride to complete test case

9: Procedure for determining reserved vocabulary
Where are we on this?

See:  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jun/0205.html

  ACTION: Brian McBride to ask Semantic Web Coordination
  Group to check priority of dark triples

10: Status of new Concepts and Abstract Data Model WD

See:  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0067.html

  Following WG approval, Eric had waited to confirm with
  Brian as series editor.

  ACTION:  Eric Miller publish document

11: Document Review Schedule
At telecon on 19/Jul we proposed the following schedule for review of docs:

26/Jul test cases
02/Aug Concents and Abstract Data Model
09/Aug Syntax
16/Aug Model Theory
23/Aug Schema
30/Aug Dataypes
06/Sep Primer

See:  http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2002-07-19.html

  Didn't get to this on July 19 agenda.  Editors all
  indicated that they would need to include material on
  datatypes (more than an editorial change) prior to last
  call.

  Primer doesn't yet address parseType="Collection" since it
  hasn't appeared in Syntax yet.

  Updated schedule:
    30/Aug Schema
    30/Aug Primer

12: # | /

Propose for the testcase-schema use namespace prefix ending in #

  APPROVED

13: Status of Review of Owl document

See:  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0031.html

  This was not a formal request to the Working Group.

  There's some ambiguity regarding datatypes, whether WebOnt
  is waiting for RDF Core or not.

  Individuals are encouraged to send comments directly to
  public-webont-comments@w3.org.

14: Review of Tag arch doc?

See:  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0813-archdoc

  Based on feedback received to date, more changes are
  likely to this document.

  Doesn't resolve Issue 14 (?).

15: Datatypes

  Brian McBride attempted to factor the current issues/proposals:
  1) replace local type idiom bNodes with xsi:type in Literal node
  2) provide a fixed set of types vs. an extensible set identified by URI
  3) tidiness

  There was some concern that we need a "holistic
  perspective" rather than compartmenting these decisions.

  ACTION: Patrick Stickler to circulate URI for latest
  datatype draft

  ACTION: Mike Dean to write-up daml:Restriction use case
  where external type information comes from other than
  rdfs:range

  ACTION: Brian McBride to summarize community responses for
  next week
Received on Wednesday, 21 August 2002 11:24:10 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:50:27 EDT