Re: Properties not predicates (was Re: PRIMER: draft data model section)

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:22:26 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
CC: fmanola@mitre.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Just checking we are clear what is being renamed.  M&S uses the term predicate
for a component of a statement.  Thus a statement has three components:

    a subject
    a predicate
    an object

The subject must (debatably) be a resource

The predicate must be a property

The object may be a resource or a literal.

The terms predicate and property in M&S mean different things.  Are we losing
the distinction, or is this distinction just no longer applicable.