RDF draft structure (was: Schedule)

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:55:08 -0500
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 08:27  AM, Brian McBride wrote:

>   RDF/XML syntax   normative
>   Model Theory     normative

I'd like for this document (or another document that specifies
the RDF abstract syntax) to include the N-Triples definition. I
don't see the Test Cases WD on your list.

Are we also counting on the MT to define containers, reification, etc.?

>   RDF Schema       normative

I'd like to make sure our RDF Schema spec is short, sweet and
easily replaceable by the specification released by the WebOnt
WG. I think the best of doing this is split out the RDF
Schema-specific portions of the into a separate draft. As Dan
Connolly noted, this covers most of RDF Schema. We probably need
to add some simple definitions of other the RDF Schema terms
like label and comment.

>   Primer           non-normative?
>
> Are we comfortable with this set of documents?  (We also have
> to cover our charter commitment to explain the relationship
> between RDF and other XML standards.)

Last time we discussed this I laid out my preferred draft structure:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0243.html

I think most of it still applies.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>