RE: Literals: lexical spaces and value spaces

OK, let me try to offer an example.

aaa eg:prop "10" .

That's all. That is legal in P, but it is ambiguous until more
information is given enabling the literal node to be assigned a
datatype. (Eg by specifying the range of eg:prop to be a datatype
class.)

This is syntactically illegal in X, since one would have to use a URV
rather than the bare literal.

I am not sure what the S form would be; as far as I can see, there
would be no way to say this in S, since the only place for the
literal to go would be at the sharp end of an edge labelled with a
datatype, which by hypothesis we don't have at this time. (Sergey,
can you comment?)

So it seems to me that both X and S, in different ways, simply refuse
to countenance the possibility of expressing such an 'ambiguous'
literal.

This could be done in the DC version as follows:

aaa eg:prop _:1 .
_:1 rdf:label "10" .

where there is no rdf:type coming from the bNode.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes