Re: Reject change to rdf:value

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:18:17 -0600
Cc: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
On Monday, October 29, 2001, at 09:37  AM, Dave Beckett wrote:

> The issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-replace-value
> is recorded as:
>   Suggestion that the rdf:value property be replaced by rdf:toString.

I'm not sure where you got this, but I don't see this at the URL. I see:

    It is suggested that the property rdf:value
    represents a mapping from a resource to textual
    representation of that resource. If for example,
    the resource represents the number 10, then the
    value of the rdf:value property would be the
    string "10".

I think this is very much in scope.

> So I propose that:
>   We reject this suggestion as an unnecessary change

I assume this refers to the renaming bit. I can go along with
that, but not the rest of the suggestion.

>   ACTION the model theory editor (Pat) to explain what rdf:value means
>   ACTION the primer editor (Eric) to ensure that a description of
>          how to use rdf:value is included.
>
> Are there any objections to this form of words?

Sounds good.