Re: Reject change to rdf:value

>>>Aaron Swartz said:
> On Monday, October 29, 2001, at 09:37  AM, Dave Beckett wrote:
>
> > The issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-replace-value
> > is recorded as:
> >   Suggestion that the rdf:value property be replaced by rdf:toString.
>
> I'm not sure where you got this, but I don't see this at the URL. I see:

It is right there where the above link takes you:

  <a id="rdfms-replace-value" name="rdfms-replace-value"></a>
  <h3>Issue rdfms-replace-value: Suggestion that the rdf:value property be
    replaced by rdf:toString.</h3>

>     It is suggested that the property rdf:value
>     represents a mapping from a resource to textual
>     representation of that resource. If for example,
>     the resource represents the number 10, then the
>     value of the rdf:value property would be the
>     string "10".
>
> I think this is very much in scope.

Yes, and given the recent discussion of its potential
relationship/use in datatyping, I now think we should leave it until
the model theory bit in this area is more stable, so I won't be
bringing it to the next meeting.

> > So I propose that:
> >   We reject this suggestion as an unnecessary change
>
> I assume this refers to the renaming bit. I can go along with
> that, but not the rest of the suggestion.

renaming yes - I still see no reason to name it, given we are
confused about what it means.

> >   ACTION the model theory editor (Pat) to explain what rdf:value means
> >   ACTION the primer editor (Eric) to ensure that a description of
> >          how to use rdf:value is included.
> >
> > Are there any objections to this form of words?
>
> Sounds good.

Great.  But postponing for after MT changes...

Dave