Re: Issue #rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:47:21 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>

Replying to myself, I missed a quote reference, when I said in my
previous mail:

>Your quote refers to a different thing that Dan Connolly asked for -
>changing MUST to MAY in item 3 and in the minutes of the meeting we
>were both at, it was recorded I agreed to do this:
>
>[[
>DaveB reflects Dan C.'s comments about using the term "must" and
>suggests changes to "may" in describing solutions to this problem.
>]] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001May/0122.html

I was actually referring to Dan's request in
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001May/0092.html

about clarity for MUST/MAY about namespace prefixes, which is not for
item 3 specifically but about deprecation in general and I took on
the general consensus to deprecate now (MAY) and forbid later (MUST).

Dave