Re: an XML Schema intro from an RDF angle [was: Helping...]

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:05:44 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 10:42 PM 5/17/01 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>I'd appreciate it if anybody who *doesn't* know XML schema
>would take a look at this stuff and tell me if you're able
>to make sense of it.

The first example (RDF0) seems straightforward.

The second (RDF1), I think I see the pattern but am not completely sure:

         <element name="typedNode" abstract="true" type="rdf:typedNodeType"/>

Seems to introduce a type, defined below, for element name
"typedNode".  Being abstract, it can't be used directly, but forms a
template for instantiations that can:

         <element name="Description" type="rdf:typedNodeType"

Thus, by this schema, only <Description> elements can appear in <RDF>?