Re: an XML Schema intro from an RDF angle [was: Helping...]

At 10:42 PM 5/17/01 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>I'd appreciate it if anybody who *doesn't* know XML schema
>would take a look at this stuff and tell me if you're able
>to make sense of it.

The first example (RDF0) seems straightforward.

The second (RDF1), I think I see the pattern but am not completely sure:

         <element name="typedNode" abstract="true" type="rdf:typedNodeType"/>

Seems to introduce a type, defined below, for element name
"typedNode".  Being abstract, it can't be used directly, but forms a
template for instantiations that can:

         <element name="Description" type="rdf:typedNodeType"
substitutionGroup="rdf:typedNode"/>

Thus, by this schema, only <Description> elements can appear in <RDF>?

                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>