YA reification thread

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:02:18 -0400
To: Ora.Lassila@nokia.com, Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, guha@alpiri.com
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
At the risk of starting YA thread on reification, I would appreciate
it if the editors of the M&S REC and the RDF Schema CR would shed
some light on RDF and reification in general and the reification
discussion occuring on the RDF logic list:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001May/0031.html

In particular, I would like to know:

o Why was reification added to RDF?

o What can be done to solve the problems that are being discussed in
 the above thread?

I realize that Guha has agreed to address:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-reification-required

but I'd like to hear the other editor's perspectives on reification.

I hope others in the WG will find the editor's historical information
useful.

Art
---