Re: (tentative) container model proposal

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: <guha@alpiri.com>
cc: <Ora.Lassila@nokia.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, R.V.Guha wrote:

> Following that argument, one should take the top N concepts
> that will be used with RDF and include it in the standard. Based
> on existing implementation data, you should be looking at
> including tags having to do with authorship, thumbnailimage,
> etc. Containers are way way down the list.

That argument alone, maybe. But RDF containers differ from thumbnail,
foaf:mbox, dc:title etc in that they are (like RDF itself) a generic, data
structuring convention. One of many, no doubt. They're cross-domain,
unworldly things.

Let's agree to leave them in a spec somewhere (my vote: rdf schema), since
we'd be pushing our charter to do otherwise. A more interesting thing to
argue about is what the new simpler core-of-the-core-of-the-core part of
the specs might actually look like. I guess that'd open up new issues
which maybe it's time to have a crack at...