W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > June 2001

RDFcore Minutes: 2001-06-08 Teleconference (for review)

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:26:53 +0100 (BST)
To: RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.4.31.0106081725530.24603-100000@mail.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>
RDFCore WG 2001-06-07 Teleconference minutes

Transcript:
	http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2001-06-08

Agenda:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0086.html

Roll call:

  Participants:
  - Art Barstow
  - Dave Beckett (.5 scribe)
  - Dan Brickley (chair)
  - Brian McBride (chair)
  - Jos De Roo
  - Bill dehOra
  - Mike Dean
  - Jan Grant (.5 scribe)
  - R.V. Guha
  - Pat Hayes
  - Ora Lassila
  - Frank Manola
  - Eric Miller
  - Stephen Petschulat
  - Aaron Swartz

  Regrets: Martyn Horner, Graham Klyne

Review Agenda:

  - Jos De Roo: would like some discussion on the containers,
    reification issues for AOB if time.

Minutes of the last meeting:

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0008.html
with correction
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0050.html

Confirm following actions completed:

D1: Dan Brickley  send analysis (#rdf-container-syntax-ambiguity and
                  #rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema)to rdfcore-wg list
  DONE.

D2: Brian McBride edit the errata per the resolutions above; i.e. those
    regarding #rdf-ns-prefix-confusion.  [ArtB to work with Brian to get
    Brian write access to the errata and to determine a strategy for
    maintaining the appropriate documents.]
  DONE.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#3: Jos: review the test cases for rdfms-empty-property-element
  DONE.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#4: DaveB: review the test cases for rdfms-empty-property-element
  DONE.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#7: Jan: summarize what XML-Base might do for RDF.
  DONE.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#8: DanC: send a note to the WG that points
   out the bug in the spec regarding aboutEach
  DONE.


Review status of following actions:

 A1: Dan Brickley: Solicit RDF feature usage info from Guha and report
     back to the group.
  DONE.

 A4: Guha: re #rdfms-reification-required: Present analaysis to list
     for discussion.
  CONTINUES.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#1: Martyn: create test cases rdfms-resource-semantics
  CONTINUES.

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#2: FrankM: create tests case for reification.
  CONTINUES. (Frank reports these as under development)

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#5: Eric: investigate a test case repository for the
   WG.  The repository must facilitat WG members adding and modifying
   test cases.
  CONTINUES. (Eric reports team access to repository in place)

ACTION: JUN-01-01-#9: Ora: send a note to the WG that describes
   how aboutEach is being used and how it was implemented
  CONTINUES.


Issues discussion:


Issue #1

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-empty-property-elements

  Owner: Jan Grant

Consensus that the test cases are OK.
RESOLUTION: the consolidated test cases represent RDFCore's decision on
  this; the issue can be closed once those test cases are all in one
  place.
AP: 2001-06-08#1: Jan: Consolidate, renumber and repost test cases.


Issue #2

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity
http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema

  Owner: Dan Brickley

Some discussion about the behaviour of various RDF implementations with
regard to (re-)numbering container members. The consensus seemed to be
that RDFMS did not preclude an RDF implementation from handling partial
descriptions of containers.
Aaron: pointed out this didn't resolve the open syntax issues.

AP: 2001-06-08#2: Dan Brickley: write this up in more detail for the
        list
AP: 2001-06-08#3: Brian McBride: pick up on the syntax issues now the
        model details have been clarified.


Issue #3

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

  Owner: Aaron Swartz

Aaron: summarised earlier email discussing this
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0019.html
Aaron: Leaning towards proposal #2
Dave Beckett: third proposal: much code seems to treat rdf:ID and
       rdf:about as effectively synonyms. The triples generated would
       be the same.

AP: 2001-06-08#4: Brian McBride to write up this third proposed
       interpretation
  CONTINUES.


Issue #4

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-xml-base

  Owner: Jan Grant

Discussion revolved around whether admitting this to RDFMS was in scope;
their were concerns about versioning requirements since new documents
using xml:base would produce different output on older parsers.
Pat: making RDF malleable in the face of future changes to XML:Base is
      not a good thing.

AP: 2001-06-08#5: Eric: to talk to the XLM Processing Workshop about RDF
      requirements from XML:Base

  CONTINUES. (Take to email)


Review of updated issues list document:

http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/

AP: 2001-06-08#6: ALL: comments to list


Date of next meeting:

  One week, 2001-06-15.

(The phone number to be advised, but it should remain constant until
September)

-- 
jan grant, ILRT, University of Bristol. http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Unfortunately, I have a very good idea how fast my keys are moving.
Received on Friday, 8 June 2001 12:27:40 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:37:04 EDT