W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > August 2001

Draft Minutes 2001-08-24

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:23:14 -0500
Message-Id: <200108241626.f7OGQQc02438@theinfo.org>
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
RDFCore WG 2001-08-24 Teleconference Minutes

Transcript: http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2001-08-24
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0144
-----
Roll call:

Participants:
   - Dan Brickley
   - Dave Beckett
   - Jeremy Carroll
   - Jan Grant
   - Martyn Horner
   - Jos De Roo
   - Ora Lassila
   - Brian McBride (chair)
   - Eric Miller
   - Frank Manola
   - Stephen Petschulat
   - Aaron Swartz (scribe)
   - Mike Dean
   - Pat Hayes (part time)

   Regrets:
   - Art Barstow
   - Dan Connolly
   - Bill dehOra
   - Graham Klyne

   Absent:
   - Frank Boumphrey
   - Ron Daniels
   - Rael Dornfest
   - Yoshiyuki Kitahara
   - Michael Kopchenov
   - KWON, Hyung-Jin
   - Satoshi Nakamura
   - Pierre G. Richard
   - Sergey Melnik
   - Guha
-----


REVIEW MINUTES OF MEETING on 14th August 2001

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0141.html

These minutes were approved, with the correction that Jeremy 
Carroll was present at the meeting.


CONFIRM FOLLOWING ACTIONS COMPLETED

The following actions were all completed:

ACTION 2001-08-01#2 Brickley - Get Model Theory Introduction Slides
online

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/mt/

ACTION 2001-08-02#10 Jan Grant Write up a fix/workaround for folks
using the currently defined semantics for domain and range constraints.

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0111.html


ACTION 2001-08-02#22 Hyung-Jin Kwon Make his presentation available
on the web and  circulate URL to the list.

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0143.html

ACTION 2001-08-17#6 Dave Beckett Write strawman WD on Experimental RDF
XML Syntax

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0130.html


ACTION 2001-08-17#8 Art Barstow Write strawman WD on test cases (
including n-triples).

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0118.html

----




REVIEW STATUS OF FOLLOWING ACTIONS (15 min)

ACTION: 2001-07-06#2 (danbri) - write test cases for the RDF schema
issues that are impacted by literals-as-resources.

CONTINUED

ACTION 2000-07-20#10 - Bill - create xml:lang use cases

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-07-27#1 - EricM - For 2001-07-20 minutes re
character-encoding issue, to write up his correction and  send to list

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-07-27#2 - Bill - For 2001-07-20 minutes, Bill to send
mail clarifying his action to review M+S w.r.t. what it says
about literals.

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-01#3 Pat Hayes Include example in model theory slides

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-02#7 Dave Beckett With help from Art and Jan,
investigate how to represent RDF/XML grammar and the 
specification of the
transformation of RDF/XML to a graph representation.

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-02#12 Jan Grant Post message to list about how EASEL
uses datatypes

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-02#14 Ora Lassila Talk to Ian and Frank and get
background on why they require cycles in rdfs:subClassOf
relationship.... and... Pat Hayes Discuss cycles in rdfs:subClassOf and
rdfs:subPropertyOf with DAML folks and report back to us.
[Plan to discuss at next DAML telecon]
CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Sergey Melnik Discuss reification alterantives
with Pat Hayes.

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-02#33 Dan Brickley Form task force with Graham Klyne,
Martyn Horner and Jan Grant to investigate the DAML+OIL approach
to XML datatypes.

POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT SCHEMA WD

ACTION 2001-08-02#23 Brian McBride Update schedule to aim for
WWW2002 announcement.

CONTINUED

2001-08-02#9 2001-08-02#25 2001-08-02#26 2001-08-02#27 2001-08-02#28
2001-08-02#29 2001-08-02#30 2001-08-02#31 2001-08-02#32 2001-08-02#32
2001-08-02#17 2001-08-02#19

Dan Brickley - RDF Schema update actions as described in

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/#actions

CONTINUED

FTF#34 Jan Grant: Describe how subproperties of transitive 
properties need not be transitive.

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-17#1 Brian Update to show Mike Dean present for part of
        meeting.

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-17#2 Brian Remove decision

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/2001-08-02.html#T21-09-50

as no decision was formally made.

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-17#3 Gather copies of presentations and other 
materials for
the record and add to the web site.

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-17#4 Jos reported broken links in the minutes.  Art
noted the link checker at:

   http://validator.w3.org/checklink

The record will be updated and reviewed again at the next 
teleconference.

DONE

ACTION 2001-08-17#5 Eric Miller Write a newletter summary of the face to
face for ciculation to the W3C members.

CONTINUED

ACTION 2001-08-17#7 Pat Hayes write strawman WD on model theory with
reification and containers removed.

CONTINUED

ACTION: Martyn to update glosary document and collect feedback.

DONE

----

REVIEW MINUTES OF FACE TO FACE MEETING 1-2 AUG 2001

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/

These minutes were approved, with the following action:

ACTION 2001-08-24#1 Brian McBride: Collect links to photos and 
place on F2F page.

ISSUE #rdfs-transitive-subProperty (10 mins)

The issue was closed using Jan's message as an explanation:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0031.html

TECHINCAL PLENARY

It was agreed that we should ask for a Mon/Tue slot, that we 
should allow observers, that we should be disjoint with webont.

ACTION 2001-08-24#2 Brian: Respond to request a spot at the 
Technical Plenary.
ACTION 2001-08-24#3 Brian: Collect a list of other groups that 
the WG is interested in meeting with.

PROCESS FOR WD PUBLICATION

Eric Miller said that he notified the W3C Communications Team 
that we would be releasing three Working Drafts (model theory, 
syntax experiments, and test cases) by the end of August.  Dave 
Beckett and Pat Hayes said that they could get their documents 
finished in a few days. Brian McBride said he'd speak with Art 
Barstow about the test cases. Dan Brickley said he was aiming 
for a new draft of RDF Schema in September.

There was consensus that the documents we release should be 
clear, high-quality, and not confusing. Members of the Working 
Group should review any drafts that are ready next week, for 
discussion at the next telecon.

ACTION 2001-08-24#3 DaveB: Get syntax draft updated.
ACTION 2001-08-24#4 DaveB: Collect comments on the draft by email.
ACTION 2001-08-24#5 Pat: Get model theory draft draft updated.
ACTION 2001-08-24#6 Pat: Collect comments on the draft by email.
ACTION 2001-08-24#7 Eric: Help Pat with the document formatting.

----

RDF/XML Syntax - reifying using XML attributes only

The Working Group did not come to a decision on this issue.

ACTION 2001-08-24#8 DaveB: Write up a proposed resolution for the issue.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Pat Hayes raised the issue that some properties of containers 
were not clearly specified.

ACTION 2001-08-24#9 Pat: Write up a summary of the issues with 
containers


NEXT TELECON

AGREED: 10am Boston time, 31st August 2001.

CLOSE
Received on Friday, 24 August 2001 12:23:18 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:38:48 EDT