Re: RDF/XML Syntax - reifying using XML attributes only

[freed from the spam filter -rrs]

 Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
 To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
 cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
 From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>

>>>Dan Connolly said:
> Dave Beckett wrote:
> [...]
>
> I thought the spec was pretty clear on this: propAttrs
> can only express literal values.

True, but rdf:type is not a propAttr - it has its own grammar term and
takes a URI(-reference) as value:

  [6.10] propAttr ::= typeAttr
                      | propName '="' string '"' (with embedded quotes
escaped)
  [6.11] typeAttr ::= ' type="' URI-reference '"'

see?

So rdf:type takes URI, other rdf:subject etc. things take strings,
But we know from RDF M&S, rdf:subject, rdf:predicate only take URIs
etc.  see
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0106.html
for rest of argument.

<snip/>

> Since there's evident divergence of interpretation/implementation,
> please do add it to the test suite/issues list.

That is the idea

Dave