Existential Quantification [Re: New RDF model theory]

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:25:35 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

In Pat's impressive document I note the following:

As far as I can tell the following two graphs (which I represent in a
bastardized ntriple) entail one another:

G1:

G2:

Have I understood this right?
If so, is this desired?

I am a little confused at the moment about it ...

reading _:x <b> <c>. as existentially quanitifed then it seems trivial that
G1 and G2 entail one another, whereas the interpolation lemma seems to be
false.

I might follow up on this later.

Jeremy