RDF changes

From: R.V.Guha <guha@alpiri.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:01:06 -0700
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
In the spirit of considering changes to what exists, I'd like to propose

that we  at least consider the following:

RDF M&S puts too many things in one "layer". Maybe we should
have a core which does nothing but define the triple model (and
maybe a syntax). Then comes schema concepts like Class, domain
etc. Then come layers for container, reification, etc.

This will help us put RDF on a firmer logical basis, help explain it,
help implementations, ...

Maybe the new thing is not called RDF, but xRDF or something like
that.

guha