Re: String Serial Number Representation

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:56:08 -0500
To: "Gregor Karlinger" <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>, "Dournaee, Blake" <bdournaee@rsasecurity.com>, <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
On Wednesday 06 February 2002 08:52, Gregor Karlinger wrote:
> The sentence you cite is misleading (Joseph: should this be added to the
> errata document?); it should rather say
>   "The X509IssuerSerial element, which consists of an X.509 issuer
>    distinguished name (SHOULD be compliant with RFC2253 [LDAP-DN]),
>    and a serial number."

I tweaked the errata to make it clear that its the DNAME that is serialized
according to our DNAME rules:

E01 1.Section 4.4.4 The X509Data Element: The first two bullets of list
item "1" should read, "the encoding of the distinguished name SHOULD be
compliant with the DNAME encoding rules at the end of this section."