Re: My latest try on Exclusive XML Canonicalization

On Friday 26 October 2001 13:00, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> Since we are dealing with the specification of an octet stream it would
> be useful to see the exact octetstream output that is defined.

Phill,

For c14n, John Boyer had included the characters as close as possible in a
comment with each example. We could do that, but I'm most interested in a
tarball of examples with pre/post.

> It is not clear to me (from the text) whether the indentation in the
> examples is pretty printing that should be ignored or part of the C14N
> and if removed whether there should be spaces tabs or whatnots between
> the elements.

The white space is the same as C14N.

> Overall it would be useful to see a description of XML Signature itself
> in the same notation, giving the exact octet stream to be presented to
> the digest or signature algorithm.

I'm not sure what you mean by notation. Literal octets and their digests
seems to work well.

--

* I will be in France from 3-9 November for the W3C AC Meeting.