RE: URI References clarifications

From: Ajay Nerurkar <ajayn@valicert.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:53:21 -0700
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

I have a related question. When doing signature validation after having
done reference validation how does one treat the xpointer string? In
other words, if my <Reference> element looks like this:

<dsig:Reference URI="#xpointer(/)">

does canonicalization of <SignedInfo> do anything at all to this tag?

Ajay