Re: URI References clarifications

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:23:22 +0200
To: arcolini <arcolini@sec.di.unipi.it>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hi Mauro,

In section "4.3.3.2 The Reference Processing Model" there is stated that these XPointer URIs are used if you intend to support any canonicalization that preserves comments. The URI="" removes all comments from the document. The URI="xpointer('/')" preserves the Comments. See also [1] aboit this.

Best regards,
Christian

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-security/src/org/apache/xml/security/
utils/resolver/implementations/ResolverXPointer.java
 http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-security/src/org/apache/xml/security/
utils/resolver/implementations/ResolverFragment.java

--On Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2001 18:25 +0200 arcolini <arcolini@sec.di.unipi.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> as my signature says, we are a students groups working on an open
> implementation of XMLDSIG.
> I have some doubts about URI dereferencing, in particolar:
> xpointer(/) dereferencing is equals to null URI?
> xpointer(id('ID')) dereferencing is equals to barename XPointer
> and therefore to  #fragment about XML spec?,
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Mauro Arcolini
> Laurea Informatica I livello
> Universita' degli studi di Pisa
> Italy
>
> --> member of GAPXSE, a students group from:
>     Nicchia sicurezza reti di computer 2000/2001
>     Dipartimento di Informatica
> --> current project: Java Api for XMLDSIG
> --> mail: arcolini@sec.di.unipi.it

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Christian Geuer-Pollmann

Institute for Data Communications Systems             University of Siegen
Hoelderlinstrasse 3                 D-57068 Siegen                 Germany

mail:  mailto:geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de
web:  <http://www.nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de/~geuer-pollmann/>