C14n of reference: was RE: URI References clarifications

Hi,

if I understand correctly, you ask about how the c14nized form of this
looks? Well, I think it's only a fragment of a greater document, so the
answer cannot be given that way (depends on eventually existing parent
elements and whether you have element content or not).

To play arount with c14n, I would suggest you download an implementation of
c14n and feed some examples to this implementation to it to understand how
it works.

(If your XML snippet is some single Element, the c14nized output would look
like

<dsig:Reference URI="#xpointer(/)"></dsig:Reference>

but there is no xmlns:dsig="" declaration. If you have some child elements
and parent elements, the Start tag would not be changed.

Christian

--On Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2001 18:53 -0700 Ajay Nerurkar