Question: Transform Nodeset Input

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:37:16 +0200
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hi all,

Question: "The Reference Processing Model" [1] describes that if the data
object is an octet stream and the next transform requires a node-set, the
octet stream has to be parsed and converted to an XPath node set.

What exactly does this mean?

If I reference an octet stream which is an XML document, I have to parse
it. After this step, do I  apply "(//. | //@* | //namespace::*)" to the
Document to get the node set so that it contains all nodes in the Document
or does the node set contain only the Document Node?

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-ReferenceProcessingModel