Re: RetrievalMethod

From: TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:49:33 +0900
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

> >"http://....#rawX509Certificate".  For "...#X509Data",
> >"...#PGPData", "...#SPKIData" and "...#MgmtData", the
> >specification does not mention what is the content type of the
> >resultant octet stream.  Is it an XML instance?
> Ah. They are octets representing an XML element.

I see.

> There's also the question of what is the actual XML? Is it a KeyInfo
> element, or one of its children? Since the RetrievalMethod is modelled on
> the Reference, the Reference states:
> >The Type attribute applies to the item being pointed at, not its contents.
> >For example, a reference that identifies an Object element containing a
> >SignatureProperties element is still of type #Object.
> >http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html#sec-URI

Ok, I have understood the resultant octet stream represents a
FooData element.

Must the result strictly match to the `element' production?
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#NT-element)

In my opinion, the result should match to the `document',
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#NT-document, because we can reuse
normal parsing method of existing XML parser.

--
TAMURA Kent @ Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM