Re: The name space URI

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:56:59 -0500
To: Philip Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Hi Phill,

When we considered how to partition our namespace for algorithm and
structure purposes, we had two options:

[a] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#foo
[b] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig/foo

RDF had already made significant use of "#foo" and this approach makes it
much easier to maintain  all the URIs with respect to dereferencing in that
I don't need a directory, instead, the namespace URI is redirected to the
latest version of the spec for which there are actual fragments
explaining/corresponding to that URI.

At 11:23 1/8/2001 -0800, Philip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>As currently specified the XML Signature namespace URI is specified as
>
>http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#
>
>The final # is causing comment to be made. Is it or is it not significant? I
>reference the XML Signature spec in XKMS and each time I issue a draft I get
>questions about the # and I would like to avoid giving tutorials on XML
>fragment identifiers.
>
>Is there a way we could loose the # in the final itteration?
>
>         Phill

__