RE: Call for Implementation: Canonical XML Becomes a W3C Candidate Recommendation

Hi Gregor,

Yes, non-validating parsers are supposed to recognize the types of
attributes, unless they have been unable to read the declaration (e.g. due
to external declaration), but c14n covers this too by requiring that such a
processor be augmented to read the attribute types so that it can normalize
attributes as if it were a validating processor.

Though an additional encumbrance, this is far less work than actually
requiring the validation work.

The example cases should not pose a problem, though, because the
declarations are internal so even a non-validating parser knows the types of
the attributes and how to normalize the attributes.

John Boyer
Development Team Leader,
Distributed Processing and XML
PureEdge Solutions Inc.
Creating Binding E-Commerce
v: 250-479-8334, ext. 143  f: 250-479-3772
1-888-517-2675   http://www.PureEdge.com <http://www.pureedge.com/>