AW: Call for Implementation: Canonical XML Becomes a W3C Candidate Recommendation

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:22:00 +0100
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, "John Boyer" <jboyer@PureEdge.com>, "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
> Hi Joseph,
>
> please add IAIK's implementation.
>
> I will give you a report what our implementation is conform with at the
> end of next week.

Joseph,

Please fill in a "Y" in all fields of the matrix, with the following
constraints:

* Example 4 does not result in the expected canonicalization, since the
  XML parser used does not correctly normalize an attribute of type ID.

* Example 7 only results in the expected canonicalization, if the test
  file is modified in a way, that the example can be parsed using a
  validating parser. Otherwise the id function in the document subset
  selector XPath will not return any element.

John,

a question regarding example 7: Can I really expect from a non validating
parser, that it recognizes the types of attributes, especially the type
of ID attributes? If not, then an XPath using the id() function cannot be
used for selecting a document subset to be canonicalized.

Regards, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto:gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
http://www.iaik.at