Re: Valid XML and Schema Normative?

From: Ken Goldman <kgold@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:52:14 -0400
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
> Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:48:41 -0400
> From: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
>

> ... say you come across a Signature instance with some superflous
> XML content from an external namespace in SignedInfo, is the
> Signature invalid?

Could you give an XML snippet of this, showing the issue?

I'm trying to understand whether this is a name space problem or if
you're describing additional XML tags in the SignedInfo element.

If the latter, it's an issue I asked about several months ago, and
which I would really like to see allowed in DSIG.  I can describe the
issue again if that's what's being discussed.

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646