Easy to have multiple signatures?

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:18:50 -0400
To: David Solo <david.solo@citicorp.com>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
I was trying to represent the present spec [1] as clearly as possible in
terms of modelling [2] what we area trying to specify and hit a question
based on the following:

<Signature>
  (SignedInfo)
  (SignatureValue)
  (KeyInfo)?
  (Object)*
</Signature>

Given you can only have one SignatureValue in a Signature, than all elements
within KeyInfo (perhaps a KeyName and a KeyValue) are related by identity,
or they are all supposed to be about the same key basically.

If you want more than one signature (I and Don signed it), you have to
construct a whole new signature block, right? Or is it possible to hang more
than one (KeyInfo, SigValue) pair off the same SignedInfo via a reference to
it?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmldsig-core-19991022.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-datamodel-19991025.gif

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/