Re: How to sign several resources (XML and XSL)?

From: Winchel 'Todd' Vincent, III <winchel@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:42:54 -0400
To: "Andreas Siglreithmayr" <andreas.siglreithmayr@ixos.de>, "W3c-Ietf-Xmldsig (E-mail)" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

> I think that if someone signs an XML-document, s/he would also have
>to sign the corresponding XSL file.

Andreas:

Other people on this list hold the very same opinion.  Indeed, as an
American lawyer, I believe there are very good legal reasons why *not*
signing the stylesheet might just get and XML document thrown out of court
if/when it were introduced into evidence.  Such a result would, of course,
make the technology much less valuable.

Thank you for your input.  I think having someone with a new and fresh
perspective helps to shed light on the simplicity and logic of the notion.
I wish others would see it so clearly.

Todd