From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:07:38 -0400
To: Greg Whitehead <gwhitehead@signio.com>
Cc: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 13:15 99/09/20 -0700, Greg Whitehead wrote:
 >I've seen several references to an XHASH spec, but can't find it.  Any
 >pointers would be appreciated.

In an odd sort of way, there is presently no "current spec." However, we are
moving as quickly as possible to document the open issues in the body of [1]
(which is a product of WG consensus) and publish it as an ietf-draft and W3C
Technical Report. The draft you are referring to [2] has references to a few
things (such as XHash) that I don't think have been publically specified.
The "Brown Draft" [2] was a private draft/proposal and was unfortunately
named using the WG name instead of the authors' name. (Though Don should be
able to speak more authoritatively to the pacing of the syntax specification

The Syntax C14N as specified in [4] has been implemented [5].

[1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core-990902.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/draft-ietf-xmldsig-signature-00.txt
[3] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Overview#eastlake
[4] http://www.w3.org/1999/07/WD-xml-c14n-19990729.html