RE: on criticality flags

From: Phillip M Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:25:30 -0400
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: "Barb Fox (Exchange)" <bfox@Exchange.Microsoft.com>, "John Boyer" <jboyer@uwi.com>, "'DSig Group'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

> Had you been at the meeting, hopefully I would've convinced you this is a
> trust application decision  <smile>, and is not related to whether
> (valid:signed-resource == true)

Regadless of what you classify the issue as the issue has to be dealt

> (As I continue on in my bungled notation! Any logic weenies out there?)

Yes, I can send you a copy of my D.Phil which just happens to be on the
topic of formal methods.

If you want to build a formal model my choice would be to employ typed
set theory in the manner of Z or VDM.

Or given that it is the summer it is quite likely you can find Joe Stoy
on the 4th floor of 545 Technology Square.