Disclosure of IPR that "might" be relevant

From: by way of <smcleod@factpoint.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:49:20 -0400
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Cc: smcleod@factpoint.com

We have intellectual property rights which may be related to the signing of
HTML and XML documents. These are embodied in two patent applications filed
in the current year and possibly other future patents.

It is our intention to license any aspects of these patents relevant to the
work of the digital signature group to W3C members and members of the XML
digital signature group under fair, nominal and non-discriminatory terms.

We will disclose the filed patents after we have finished amending the
claims.
We expect that any future patents derived from technology developed or
currently planned will either not affect the XML signature group effort, or
have only a complimentary effect.

 Scott C McLeod       :  smcleod "at" Factpoint.com
 Managing Architect   :  781-685-1626
 Factpoint, Inc.      :  "Dream often and dream big!"