Re: Minutes from FTF 99/07/12-13

At 09:19 AM 7/21/99 -0400, Mary_Ellen_Zurko@iris.com wrote:
 >It's always fun to see which culture will dominate the other in each aspect
 >of this working group. The minutes are clearly in W3C style. I'd like to
 >put in a plea for IETF style minutes in the future. W3C style is to capture
 >detailed though sketchy notes. IETF style is to produce short readable
 >paragraphs that convey the essence of that part of the meeting. As much as
 >I enjoy seeing my name in lights in the former style, I would prefer the
 >time-savings and clear communications of the latter style.

You realized you've just nominated yourself as scribe at the next FTF you
attend, yes?! <smile> As already stated I rather like the notes, first they
clearly state resulting action items, and they give a sense of the issue,
who participated in that discussion, and what the general direction/closure
of the issue was. I see the goal of the minutes as a record of consideration
if/when those issues come back up again. Regardless, it is often nice to
provide a succinct paragraph level summary of what happened. I prepared such
a summary [1] from the Workshop notes which are quite large. [2] But this
can be a lot of work, and as Donald says we have to do the best with what
resources we have.

Regardless, can you point me to a good example of IETF style notes?

[1] http://www.w3.org/DSig/signed-XML99/summary.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/DSig/signed-XML99/notes.html

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/