Re: The HTML version of the Brown Draft is now available

From: Richard Himes <rhimes@nmcourt.fed.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:09:47 -0600
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

The spec still doesn't specify, as far as I can tell, a standard way to sign
an enclosed, packaged (non-xml) document (rather than an external one.)  Once
again, we need the (standardized) ability to enclose an entire electronic
filing in a single XML document (which includes non-external PDF documents)
for transmission.

Please see http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/xmldsig-requirements-990623 section 3
paragraph 5 of Signature Data Model and Syntax.

"5.  XML-Signatures must be able to apply to the original version of an
     included/encoded resource. [WS-list (Brown/Himes)] "

which refers to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-xml-sig-ws/1999Apr/0041.html

What I'm looking for is an "origin" element or attribute in the Package
element that ties to an href in Locator, or equivalent mechanism.

Thanks,
Rich