Re: status code 425

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:12:14 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi Julian,

--On July 20, 2010 7:11:21 PM +0200 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> That draft was never finished, but RFC 3648 ("Web Distributed Authoring
> and Versioning (WebDAV) Ordered Collections Protocol") was. That uses the
> precondition name "DAV:collection-must-be-ordered" instead
> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3648.html#rfc.section.6.1>).
>
> I don't believe anybody has implemented status code 425.
>
> Maybe we should un-reserve it in the IANA registry?

+1.

Speaking of RFC 3648, have implementations of that been done? How would a
server signal to a client that just the order of child resources in the
collection has changed, but not the actual resource bodies? It would be
really handy if the server could send a "diff" of the ordering changes to
not require the client to do a depth:1 PROPFIND (which the sync REPORT
seeks to reduce use of).

--
Cyrus Daboo