Re: Collection Synchronization for WebDAV

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
>> Some comments:
>>
>> 1) It is specified that "The "Depth" header MUST be ignored by the server
>> and SHOULD NOT be sent by the client". But, unless I missed it, there
>> is no
>> mention of the actual depth of the report. I'm assuming it is 1 but maybe
>> that is not what you had in mind. It would be worth making it clear.
>
> Agreed. Please stay compatible with the REPORT framework. That is,

Speaking of which, please make sure to stay compatible with RFC3253, 3.6
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.3.6>):

"If a Depth request header is included, the response MUST be a 207
Multi-Status. The request MUST be applied separately to the collection
itself and to all members of the collection that satisfy the Depth
value. The DAV:prop element of a DAV:response for a given resource MUST
contain the requested report for that resource."

That essentially means that if the response format for Depth:0 is a
DAV:multistatus, the result for Depth:1 will be many multistatus bodies
embedded into a multistatus container element.

I guess it's really time to extract the definition of the REPORT method
from RFC3253, and move it it a separate doc with lots of examples...
(will start on it soon).

Best regards, Julian