Re: Collection Synchronization for WebDAV

Arnaud Quillaud wrote:
> Some comments:
>
> 1) It is specified that "The "Depth" header MUST be ignored by the server
> and SHOULD NOT be sent by the client". But, unless I missed it, there is no
> mention of the actual depth of the report. I'm assuming it is 1 but maybe
> that is not what you had in mind. It would be worth making it clear.

Agreed. Please stay compatible with the REPORT framework. That is,

- state what the Depth is -- sounds like 1,

- require the client to send that when not the default (which is 0 for
REPORT),

- require the server to check the Depth.

That's necessary for

1) Consistency with other reports (less special cases), and

2) Leaving the door open for future extensions (with different depths).

Best regards, Julian