Re: FILE ASSOCIATION

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:57:24 +0200
To: "Joyce M. Schamburg" <jmschamburg@ucdavis.edu>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Joyce M. Schamburg wrote:

> We’re trying to create a file association within webdav so that a
> particular file will open without having to download to local computer,
> editing, then uploading back to webdav network folder.
>

> Any thoughts and suggested solutions?

It depends on your operating system and your webdav client.

It sounds a bit like you're using the Microsoft "Webfolder" client, in
which case my answer would be: programs must specifically support that
(such as Office) (*).

Best regards, Julian

(*) Does anybody know what a program *specifically* needs to do here?