Re: REBIND a parent to a child

My response was incomplete.  In case the server does support binding
loops, but /a was the only binding to the collection, so the REBIND
effectively deletes the collection, then the server would fail the request
with DAV:new-binding in the DAV:error status response message (since the
collection does not contain the new binding, since it has been deleted).

The server can disallow this, in case it doesn't support binding loops, in
which case it would return DAV:cycle-allowed to indicate which
pre-condition failed in its DAV:error status response message (see
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-15#section-16>
for a description of DAV:error status response>).