Re: Summary of ETag related issues in RFC2518bis

From: Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez@wsanchez.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:24:51 -0800
Cc: Dan Brotsky <dbrotsky@adobe.com>, Jim Whitehead <ejw@soe.ucsc.edu>, WebDav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

   Well, if it's fixable it's fixable down to one millisecond instead
of second.  I'm not sure why the window is one second.  I agree that
would be better, but you still have a (shorter) window.

   I can ask on the httpd list to see if anyone knows why our window
is one second when apr_time_t is in milliseconds... but I'll wait to
do that after the holiday break.  I'm betting there's some filesystem
with a one second resolution out there...  If it's an OS limitation
(as opposed to a filesystem one) we can probably contain the damage
to that OS.

	-wsv