Re: Summary of ETag related issues in RFC2518bis

From: Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez@wsanchez.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:21:16 -0800
Cc: webdav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Jim Luther <luther.j@apple.com>

   And x == GET(PUT(x)) is true for DAV servers which are usable (by
your client, anyway) as file systems.

   I don't think it's reasonable to require that all DAV servers
cater to file system clients.  DAV wasn't designed to be an NFS
replacement, and is, for the most part a pretty suboptimal protocol
for building network file servers.

	-wsv