Re: Summary of ETag related issues in RFC2518bis

   OK, I follow.

   The question then is how one would implement than on a server
using a filesystem as the backing store, which is a *very* common
case (Apache).  The information have from the filesystem doesn't seem
to give us enough data without doing something like checksumming the
file.  The performance implications of that solution are rather drastic.

   Absent a workable solution, we're going to be moving Apache into
the non-compliant category if this is a MUST-level requirement.

	-wsv