Do server store arbitrary content

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:26:04 -0800
To: WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I have a questions for the WG. Can servers, within policy constraints, be
expected to store arbitrary data. What I mean be the policy constraints is
clearly a server might reject a request because it was too large, or it
decided the file had a virus and it would not store it. But in general, can
a client expect a WebDAV serve to be able to store say a HTML file?