on our bug tracking (and closing) process

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:19:00 -0700
To: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

I believe the following captures our most recent discussion on the
meaning of a bugs status.

NEW: The bug is new.
ASSIGNED: The assigned person will take point on proposing new text.
RESOLVED: The WG has reached rough concensus on a proposed change. Note
that the type of resolution (e.g. FIXED, INVALID...) is NOT being used
to indicate anything presently, as the available options don't seem to
fit our process very well.
VERIFIED: The text has been verified as included in the current revision
of draft (published to webdav.org). The status will be changed to by the
verifier.
CLOSED: The latest draft, including the agreed upon text, has been
submitted to IETF.

We will look into modifying the available types of resolutions so that
they may more closely reflect our process...

Best,
Elias