Re: Bugzilla issue 10, was: Plan to resolve issues in 2518bis

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:59:54 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: Bernard Desruisseaux <bernard.desruisseaux@oracle.com>, Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org

Hi,

in the meantime (conference call), we found that there was a
misunderstanding between Lisa and myself. When I talked about
"whitespace", I was talking about whitespace in text nodes (between
tags), while she thought I was talking about whitespace inside tags.

To clarify: whitespace inside tags (such as the one between attributes)
is not significant. Nor is attribute order for that matter.

In the conference call, we kind of agreed to delegate terminology to one
of the applicable W3C documents/data models (such as XPath or XML
Infoset). Funny enough, this is exactly what I have proposed long LONG
(!) ago:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001AprJun/0102.html>

Best regards, Julian